Sunday, November 15, 2009

Homemade Applesauce

Fall seems to bring out the "cook" in me, with more time indoors I organize and pull out my favorite fall recipes. This is s sure hit and works as a snack, side dish, or topping for ice cream.
  • 2 apples, I use what I have on hand, many varieties work I sometimes mix too
  • 1/4 cup of water
  • tsp cinnamon
  • 1-3 TBLS brown sugar
Peel and dice the apples put in pot with water and cinnamon and bring to a boil, simmer until apples are tender. I then use a potato masher to mash them up a bit, I do leave it chunky.

Apples peeled in the pot w/cinnamon, ready to cook

Apples cooked, ready for mashing

Mix in brown sugar and heat through, you can vary the brown sugar a lot to taste, start with less the first time then adjust to taste.

This is so easy to make and can be doubled or tripled, it is especially yummy right from the pan warmed and goes great on vanilla ice cream, I know I tried it!

1 comment:

AngelEden said...

Your making me feel hungry. I love baked apples at this time of year, although stopping at just one can be a challenge

Related Posts with Thumbnails