Thursday, November 12, 2009

Holiday Home Show 1 Week Away

I am just one week until my home show so I have lots of things I am working on in these last days to get ready. My items are pretty much ready, I am always sewing so I will have a few more items added by next week but for the most part the sewing I do for show items only is done.

My one week checklist:
  • Items sewn and and ready for display
  • Menu and shopping lists
  • Tagging and signs
  • Making ice
  • Packaging door prizes and giveaways
  • Clearing areas for display, food, beverages
  • Cleaning
  • Getting furniture ready to be moved
  • Decorating, I will be putting out a few Christmas Decorations and getting some floral items, poinsettias and fresh greens
  • Gift bags, what guests will take their purchases home in
  • Receipt pad, cash for change, pens, calculator
  • Follow up on RSVP, or no responses as necessary
As an additional note to getting ready, plan family meals at this time to make the home stretch easier, consider carry out or pizza for a night or make a meal that will yield leftovers to cut down on time in the kitchen.

Menu for my home show:
  • Baked Won Tons, I think some come just for these
  • Marinated Olives
  • Cinnamon chips and fruit salsa
  • Home made salsa and tortilla chips
  • Vegetables and dip
  • Cheese and Crackers
  • Savory Appetizer - going to find something new
  • Pretzels
  • Christmas candies, like Hershey Kisses, etc
  • Pumpkin Bread
  • Soda
  • Wine
  • Beer
This is where I am starting, I will shop and plan for the above, knowing it could change along the way. A few of the items are good to have on hand anyway and easy to add or leave out depending on the number of guests attending and can be used throughout the holiday season.

I will be sharing menu recipes in my coming posts, I won't have pictures as I post the recipes but will add pictures as I go along. Still working on your home show see my prior posts for ideas and getting ready tips, look to the left under "Labels", "Home Show.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails