I just finished a show on Saturday (which was great) and in getting ready for that I have an epic amount of product made so to sort of energize my sewing I am going to take this week to work on FINISHING a few items that have been hanging around.
First up, Sherbet Pips, this is a quilt I started for my daughter, in spite of her desire to have everything princess themed this will be for her use around the house. I bought most of the fabrics from this line last summer when it came out. I had cut it out and had a few measure issues, mainly trying to do a pattern in which I did not have the right amount of fabric (I bought the fabric before deciding on a pattern). Anyway I had to do some creative piecing along the way to get it to work.
Quilt about half done, it is actually pieced now, I am hoping to find a back this week and drop it to the machine quilter on Friday. Yay, one down! ! !
Next are these tropical placemats, I think I started these at least 3 years ago - sad, huh? They are completely pieced I just need to do some light quilting and sew backs on and use. This is next up, this will be a set of 8, the interior features a fruit print and a tropical print as the focal. It is bordered by lime green and then orange and watermelon squares, finished with the lime green.
Then there is this lovely basket of half finished quilts, grrrr...that is what I think when I look at this. Things half completed, random notes and lots of folds in odd places. It will be somewhat of a nightmare sorting this out. In this basket are the beginnings of 3 quilts and a Christmas table runner. In my sights this week are the table runner, and one of the quilts from a line called "Surf and Sand" this was/is also to be for my bedroom, going from memory I also have fabric to make matching pillowcases, ah the sorting and memory jogging needed.
Also in this basket is another line that I LOVED, actually still like it but not sure I want it for what I originally intended, so I need to sort this one out as well. And lastly in that basket was a quilt that was fully pieced just needed some applique flowers, this is not on my need to finish now list, so it will probably get a looksy but to be finished later this year...hopefully. I hope to post finished (or at least my part finished) this week or early next week. For quilting I usually hire this out, so I may space them a bit plus I need backings, I hope to get 2 ready to go to a quilter this week or next.