Monday, January 17, 2011

Moxie Fab Color Challenge


I am joining in my very first craft challenge, I was checking out some blogs with lovely handmade cards and saw this challenge from Moxie Fab Challenge. The Bright & Bold Color Challenge for Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week in the Moxie Fab World. Use the below color palette to create a card or paper good, blog about it and link to it on the Maxie Fab Blog. The challenge ends 1/31/2011, so you still have over a week to join in as well.

I have actually been re-inspired lately to do some paper crafting, since I got a Cricut for Christmas. I have also been binge buying rubber stamps so it seemed like a good fit for me to join in. Don't worry I also created a fabric goody from this color palette, you can see more of this below.

I opted to make a little beaded notebook, I used Bazzill Cardstock, brads, jump rings, bugle beads, 20 pound computer paper for the interior pages and handmade ice cube stamps I got from etsy shop Blossom Stamps, a new shop I discovered on the S.E.A.M. Team. A scissor stamp and a button stamp were my choices for this project.

The notebook is a 3 inch square, I made a template for the rings using quilt template mylar and use a 1/8" stamp to stamp the card stock and the inside paper, which I just took out of the printer.

Mylar template with 1/8" holes for the jump rings

Beaded note book, with the sewer in mind

After I completed my stamps and assembly, open the jump rings and feed 3 beads onto each ring, close. This was fun to make in this unique color combination, great thing is when you use the inside sheets you can just add more.

Stand up zip pouch -using fabric scraps

Of course I had to turn this into an accessory so I combed through the yummy leftover scraps bags and found orange, pinks, whites to put together this pieced stand up style cosmetic pouch. the bottom is a mottle black print and is accented with a black and white polka dot. The strips that make up the pouch body are 1, 1.25, 1.5 inches wide and are just randomly arranged. Hang onto your polka dots because inside is a hot pink with orange polka dot lining, cute and practical!

Polka dot lining, looks like it was made for this challenge

I had a great time with my first craft challenge and will be on the lookout for future challenges to join. I am actually going to take a second peek at the other challenges for January, I may be back.


I think they make a great pair!

1 comment:

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Sandy! Thanks for entering the Bright & Bold challenge in the Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week suite of six challenges in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails