- Fabric, 1/4 yard will yield 4-5 bags depending on print placement
- Ribbon, I use 1/8 inch satin - cut into 16 inch lengths
- Rotary cutter, mat ruler is my preferred method
- Chopstick or corner point turner, closed pen will work as well
- Pinking shears, or rotary blade pinking or scallop wave (optional)
2. on right hand side (which is the 8 inch measurement) on the Right side of the fabric fold a length of ribbon in half and pin 1.25 inches from top (note ruler is not position correctly, ribbon should be 1.25 inches below the TOP edge)
3. Using a 1/4 inch seam sew from top (just above pinned ribbon) to the bottom - you really only need to back stitch at the top, the bottom seam will be stitched over when closing the bottom in next step.
4. Center seam to the "back" of the bag as shown in first picture, sew from the bottom, back stitching at each end. The seam is in the back now and the ribbon tie will wrap to the front to be tied in a bow.
5. Turn inside out and use chopstick to poke the corners
6. Trim top with rotary scissors or rotary blade, this will help keep the fabric from running.