Luckily I also have a smidge of a Amy Butler Oxford Stripe in duck egg, orange and brown - perfect. I pieced a simple jar block from a pattern I got at a local quilt shop. You could use basically any rectangle with a triangle attached (I have shown below) at the tops, then a "lid" for the fabric, border on all sides as desired.
I did not actually quilt it but did include batting to stitch through when I attatched the buttons, the backing covers and protects the random stitches from the buttons.
I sewed about 100 buttons total between the two blocks, I added a 1.25" binding and closed by hand. Not sure where this will hang in my new sewing room, but I will enjoy my button collections on display!
Completed block with binding is 7.75 wide by 9.25 tall.