Saturday, October 1, 2011

Snack Day Idea and Pork Chop Chili

We have our first snack day tomorrow, once a month we will bring a "snack" for the class to share. The snacks are supposed to be something semi-healthy, whole food type. I saw this as an appetizer and switched it up to be a bit more kid friendly. For about 10 bucks I was able to do a snack for 24 kids.

Simply put grape tomatoes and cubes of cheddar on toothpicks, because kids always like things on sticks. Fun part was my 6 year old was able to help assemble, I then put each into their own Ziploc snack bag.

Next, a great chili recipe:


Fall is here, break out the chili recipes. How can you not love chili, really any chili, so easy to make and tailor to your family likes, spicy, meaty, vegetables, chicken, beef, pork, vegetarian. I go back and forth from crock pot to stove top preparation. This is actually a Weight Watcher recipe I have adapted and make quite often during the cooler months. It calls for pork tenderloin, but if you want to reduce the cost a bit you can use pork chops.
  • 1 pound cubed pork
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 2 cans black beans undrained
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1 yellow pepper, diced
  • 1/2 packet of taco seasoning
  • water as needed, I usually add about 1/2 cup
In crock pot I layer the above in order listed and cook on high 6-8 hours, or on low 8 hours, this may need adjusting based on your crock pot. I usually give a good stir 2-3 hours in and check for done-ness, it does cook pretty quickly for a crock pot meal.

2 comments:

Judy Westcott said...

Thanks for the chili recipe! I'm always looking for new ways to switch things up a bit!

Blogger said...

There is SHOCKING news in the sports betting world.

It has been said that every bettor needs to look at this,

Watch this or stop betting on sports...

Sports Cash System - Sports Betting Robot

Related Posts with Thumbnails