Monday, August 8, 2011

Teeny Tiny Coin Purse From Scraps

I love trolling through my scraps, it is like a trip down fabric memory lane. Like many sewers I have an elaborate sorting system, from new large cuts of fabric down to shreds. These small pieces which many would just toss are usually less then 2 inches in size. Now some are full selvedge to selvedge pieces others are small squares. These pieces are stored in grocery bags (need to make something a little prettier) by color and when inspired I pull them all out of the tub and have open to me at the work table.

I have been wanting to piece a tiny coin purse for coins for a while and challening myself to fit a lot of fabrics into something so small.

This is how it starts, bags of scraps, from these I pulled out a few to make my coin purse. They get ironed and cut, 12 pieces 1 inch by 5 inches.

I made this just like I make all my coin purses, fully padded with fleece and lined with no exposed seams.

This will only hold coins literally it finished about 3.5 x 2.5 inches, I could barely fit a lip balm inside of it. I love it! So cute and totally perfect to help coral coins floating around, like a little work of art.

This had an unexpected happy ending, it is the exact same colors as my daughters pajamas that she slept in last night. It was too funny when she came in this morning and I realized this, wonders if this is where the inspiration came...

3 comments:

Paige @ Little Nostalgia said...

It's adorable! I'm not a great seamstress yet, so I can never think of anything interesting to make from my scraps. :-)

Janet said...

That's so funny that it matched your daughters jammies. Must have been subliminal. In any case, great job!

Sheryl Hastings said...

These coin purses are too cute! What a great way to use up some scraps!

Related Posts with Thumbnails