Saturday, July 7, 2012

Picture Frame Display


I am always on the lookout for display ideas that go up.  I have recently added Kanzashi and yo yo brooches to my line and these were my inspiration. 

I recently got a perfect picture frame at a yard sale for $4.00 and this was a perfect size to try my idea, and with little cost.  I had thought I might add a plate stand to help prop it up but that did not work for my frame, then it occurred to me to try an artist easel, and recalling I had seen table versions.
This is the tabletop easel I opted for, it has support bars on the top which I can move to properly support my picture frame.
My picture frame had a double matted print, I just flipped it over, this sturdy cardboard was enough body to hold in these little nails, they are poking out the back, I need to put something behind to help, for now I will just be careful.  I also painted the cardboard with an acrylic paint.  My original idea was to get a piece of 3/8 inch plywood or similar to put in the frame, I got lucky it worked as is.

I was able to get 30 brooches display, these are hung on business cards, I put a gold charger underneath to hold additional ones as well.

My total cost for my display was:
$4.00 yard sale frame
$9.00 Tabletop easel with coupon from Michaels
.59 cents acrylic paint.

Such a deal, and a great way to take a display UP!

2 comments:

Knell said...

I've always wanted to make one of these! This is the easist tutorial for one that I've come across. Thank you for sharing!

Knell said...

I've always wanted to make one of these! This is the easist tutorial for one that I've come across. Thank you for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails