Friday, July 22, 2011

Cherry Pineapple Pie

I am going to guess I am the only one in the Midwest sitting in 90+ degree heat who turned on the oven for a cherry pie. But our trip last week to pick tart cherries and use them is just what I did.

These exact cherries ended up in our pie, yes we impressed family on Thursday evening with a meal featuring beans and cherries we picked ourselves.

Cherry pineapple pie:
1 Pint tart cherries
1 can pitted tart cherries (remember we only picked a few, had to combine with purchased can)
16 oz of pineapple, I used pineapple pieces, drained
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/4 tsp vanilla
crust for 9" pan, I used Pillsbury crust two pack (still need to master crust from scratch)

Mix all ingredients and fill crust in a 9" pie pan. I did a half attempted lattice top, I used my rotary cutter with a pinking blade to cut into strips -- HOORAY for finally finding a use for rotary cutter in the kitchen !

Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour.



SOOOOO happy there are leftover, with ice cream a fantastic pie!

2 comments:

Cas said...

Yummm! This sounds so good. :) You aren't the only one who turned on your oven... though mine was for lasagna last night. It was hotttt in the kitchen but totally worth it. :) -- Sea Marie

tweal said...

So yummy! A few weeks ago I turned on the oven during a heat wave just to make a cherry clafouti - there must be something about cherries, I guess we can't deny a craving.

Related Posts with Thumbnails